How It Works
Search for dentists nearby
Tell us your emergency dental problem and we will search our network of dental practices for available appointments.
Choose your appointment
Select an appointment at a time and location that suits you and compare the cost of emergency treatment at dental practices in your area.
Confirm and pay
Pre-pay your £40 examination fee to secure the appointment. Attend your appointment, then receive and pay for your emergency treatment at the dental practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have a genuine dental emergency to use Accidentist?
- Accidentist is a private emergency dental service and is not designed for routine dental examinations. However, it does not have to be a genuine emergency in order to request an appointment. Our dentists will happily assess you and provide a quote to treat any dental condition.
- How to cancel a booked appointment?
- Please open your booking confirmation e-mail that we sent you and click on the link to cancel your appointment.
- How does Covid-19 affect my visit to the dental practice?
- All the dental practices we are partnered with follow strict infection control procedures part of which will require them to contact you prior to your visit to risk assess for Covid-19 and patient vulnerability. It is important that you answer their questions honestly to reduce the spread of Coronavirus.
- What to do if your dental condition is not listed?
- Not a problem, just click on the condition 'other' and explain your dental condition to the dentist when you see them.
- How do I pay for my treatment?
- Any treatment you receive needs to be paid directly to the dental practice.
- What does my pre-paid examination fee cover?
- Your pre-paid examination fee covers your examination only.
- Can I get a refund?
It depends on when you have booked:
If you book more than 24 hours from when your appointment is due, the following applies:
- Cancel appointment with more than 24 hours notice to your appointment – Full refund
- Cancel appointment with less than 24 hours notice to your appointment – No refund
If you book less than 24 hours from when your appointment is due, the following applies:
- Cancel within the 1 hour cooling off period from when appointment is booked – Full refund
- Cancel after the 1 hour cooling off period – No refund
If you think you are entitled to a refund and you have not received it after 2-3 business days, please contact our Customer Service Team.
- Can I search Accidentist in the evenings and weekends?
- Although there are no dental practices open on a Sunday, some of the dental practices that are registered occasionally open in the week during the evening and also on Saturdays. These times are very popular for regular patients so the likelihood of receiving an appointment offer during these times are low. If you don’t receive an appointment offer, try searching a different date and/or time.
- What happens if the dentist can’t fix my dental problem?
- Although the dentist will try their best to fix your dental problem, there are occasions when they may not be able to. In this scenario you have the option of being referred to another dentist or finding another dentist yourself.
- I'm not happy with my dental treatment, what can I do?
- Any concerns about the dental treatment you have received needs to be discussed directly with the dental practice where you received the treatment. Accidentist takes no responsibility for any dental treatment provided as detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
Sometimes we can't connect you directly to a local practice, so instead email them on your behalf. We'll forward any appointment offers to you - you can then accept and pay for you examination through Accidentist.
- What if I don’t receive any appointment offers?
- Most practices should have responded within 30 minutes if they are open. If you make a request outside of working hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm), you may need to wait until the dental practices are open before you receive an appointment offer. If you’ve made a request during working hours and don’t receive any appointment offers, try searching for another date and/or time. We’ll let you know if none of the practices have appointments available.
- How to cancel an appointment request?
- There is no need to cancel a request if you have changed your mind and no longer need an appointment. If you are offered an appointment, we kindly ask you to decline the appointment so that the dental practice can update their diary.
- How do I decline an appointment offer?
- Please open the appointment offer e-mail that you wish to cancel and click on the link to view your appointment offer. You can then decline the appointment offer from there.
- What if I can’t attend any of the appointments offered to me?
- If you can’t attend any of the appointments offered to you, please decline the appointments that have been offered and then search again with a different date and/or time.